KFC CUSTOMER SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
SWEEPSTAKES ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM CT ON DECEMBER 22,2014
NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY VIA A SMARTPHONE IS NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE OR ENTRY VIA A SMARTPHONE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The KFC Customer Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by KFC Corporation ("KFC" or "Sponsor") for customers of participating KFC restaurants, and is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, Yum! Brands, Inc., the Participating Restaurants, their respective franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors, officers, and/or advertising, promotional, or fulfillment agencies of or contracted by any of the foregoing individuals or entities (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and spouses of the foregoing, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible to register their opinion or enter the Sweepstakes. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) on August 5, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 22, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and consists of ten (10) “Entry Periods,” one for each two-week period within the Sweepstakes Period. A new Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 AM CT every other Tuesday starting August 5, 2014 and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on the second Monday following the beginning date of that Entry Period. Entries for any given Entry Period will not be entered or otherwise included in any other Entry Period’s drawing.
There are three ways to enter the Sweepstakes: online, by phone, or by mail.
Enter online: Access the survey entry page via the website printed on select KFC cash register receipts from Participating Restaurants during the Sweepstakes Period. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at the restaurant, and to provide your first and last names, telephone number and email address, and the store number, transaction number, and date and time of your visit as printed on the receipt. Online entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59:59 PM CT on the last day of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
The survey entry page may also be accessed by scanning the QR Code found on selected KFC cash register receipts using your Web-enabled mobile device. Scanning the QR Code is NOT an entry; follow the instructions on-screen to complete your entry. To access the survey entry page via the QR Code, your mobile device must have a camera and QR Code reading application installed. QR Readers may not be available through all wireless carriers or on all Web-enabled mobile devices. Installation of a QR reader is subject to your wireless phone’s compatibility. Note: you must have a data service plan for your wireless device with your wireless service provider to link to the promotional website and Sweepstakes mobile registration page. Standard data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details and capabilities. Sponsor is not responsible for any QR Code reader website, download, claim or otherwise related to the entrant’s attempt (successful or otherwise) to install a QR Code reader. Sponsor does not endorse any particular QR Code reader or company products and any download is at the sole risk of the participant. QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated. If you do not have a data service plan for your wireless device with your wireless service provider, you may enter via the email method of entry described above or by mail as described below.
Enter by phone: Call the toll-free number (from a touch-tone phone only) printed on receipts distributed during the Sweepstakes Period at Participating Restaurants. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at KFCs, and you must provide your telephone number and the store number, transaction number, and date and time of your store visit printed on your receipt to be entered in the Sweepstakes. Calls must be completed by 11:59:59 PM on the last day of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
Enter by mail: no purchase required: To enter without making a purchase at a Participating Restaurant, hand print your name, complete address, telephone number and age on a postcard and mail it to: 1737 McGee, Kansas City, MO 64108. Mail-in entries may, but are not required to, include comments on a recent experience at a Participating Restaurant. Any mail-in entries must be postmarked by the day following the close of an Entry Period and received by Sponsor within eight (8) days of the close of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
Please note that there is a limit of one entry per person per Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. For purposes of clarification, as printed receipts will only be generated following a customer experience, all no-purchase entries must be completed via mail as opposed to online; entry via mail is as statistically likely to win as an online or phone entry.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Ten (10) random drawings will be conducted, each on or about the 10th day following the close of an Entry Period.
4. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Representatives of the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the specified Entry Period to award one (1) Grand Prize for each Entry Period, consisting of $1,000 cash to be awarded in the form of a check. The potential winner will be notified first by telephone and then by email and/or postal mail and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected. If a winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian who will be required to sign all necessary affidavits and releases. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one prize per person. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each Entry Period.
5. GENERAL: Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and for any expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified herein. By participating, entrants agree [a] to abide by and be bound by these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities including the Administrator (the “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and if a winner [c] to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. Released Parties are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any error (human or otherwise) which may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] entries which are late, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or incomplete, or are not recorded or cannot be completed for any reason; [d] late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or postage-due entries or mail; or [e] any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those legitimately submitted prior to the action taken, and/or to award the prizes in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to a printing, technical or other error, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (not yet awarded) by a random drawing from among all legitimate eligible prize claimants in that category. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with any given telephone number or email account at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsor’s satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the telephone or e-mail address associated with a winning entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person (i) who is assigned to a telephone number by a telephone service provider or (ii) who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or substitution by winner is allowed. These Official Rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky without regard to conflict of laws principles and any actions, claims or suits shall be held in a federal or state court located in State of Kentucky. For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by December 22, 2014, to: KFC Customer Survey Sweepstakes-2 Rules, PMI Station, PO Box 750-R, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Additionally, a copy of these Official Rules shall be posted during the Sweepstakes Period at www.mykfcexperience.com.
7. WINNER LIST: To request a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2015, to: KFC Customer Survey Sweepstakes-3 Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750-W, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Winner list will be available after January 31, 2015.
Sponsor: KFC Corporation, 1441 Gardiner Lane, Louisville, KY 40213
Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470
©2014 KFCC. All rights reserved.